Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Saturday, October 16, 2010

Have you done your homework?

Did you get ahead of me and look up Samuel Austin? Once I got the chance I was very impressed with his story. I put a link to the website where I found the info down near the picture. Look it up.
While driving later in the day on Friday, Pops was sleeping, I could see another statue up ahead. I reached for my camera and hoped there would be no traffic around me when I got close. I snapped a picture of the second statue while driving. It was taken through the windshield so it's not real good. The second statue is of Samuel Houston, another interesting fellow. Take the time to look them up. You won't be disappointed.
We drove up from Texas all through the night. Pops drove us through Arkansas. That is the birthplace of Elvis. Also the birthplace of Abraham Lincoln. We saw a good many deer in that state, but it was dark much of the time so not a lot to see. I told Pops I wanted him to wake me up in time to see Memphis. I have been thinking about going to or through Memphis ever since I heard someone talking about it at our training. It was pretty but not real big. It is just over the line from Arkansas once you cross the Mississippi River. The River is not so wide at that spot and it was just breaking daylight as you can see on the pictures. The rest of our day was spent driving through Tennessee and Kentucky. It seems that no matter where we have gone on our travels we have touched the state of Tennessee. I know that isn't true but it sure seems like we go through it a lot.
At one of the rest areas that we stopped at we parked next to another truck similar to ours but labeled another company. It turned out they were a FedEx couple also. They had just purchased the truck and was on their way to Ohio too. They were taking their truck to get the FedEx labels put on. They have been driving for this company for 3 1/2 years and they enjoy what they do so much that they only go home 4-5 times a year for 2 weeks at a time. They mostly stay out on the road. This is the fourth truck that they now own. He suggested that we buy our own truck. Pops told him that we planned to once we decide if we like it enough. He told us that we will.
We discussed our church options for tomorrow on the drive through Kentucky. It was too far out of route to go to see Buck and Sandy.  :-(   I would've liked doing that. Maybe next time. So our choices were: Mt. Gilead where Neil Gilliland is or a church in Canton, Ohio. A friend of ours goes there. We decided to go to Neil's. So once we stopped at a Pilot to shower, Pops called him to make sure we could get the truck in and find out service times. I am excited to see Neil and Sam.
Well, Giants are winning. I hope they continue.
Have a good evening and keep us in your prayers. I love you all.

No comments: