Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Monday, February 4, 2013

Lucy

Some of you have been asking about Lucy.
She had her surgery 2 weeks ago tomorrow. Her liver enzymes were still a little high, but I told them to go ahead with her surgery. We wanted her ready to go back on the road when we left.
When the Dr started her surgery he realized that what they thought was Cherry eye, an infection in the third eyelid and tear duct, was in fact a tumor over her eye. So they removed the tumor. He also removed some growths on her side that were non-cancerous. And also removed 5 of her teeth that were bad.
When I went to pick her up I expected that she would have a bandage on her eye and maybe a lampshade collar. I also expected that she would be groggy and have a sore mouth, but she had no bandages and she was spunky and excited to see us.
She has not had any trouble since.
She came back out with us when we left home and everything seems good as new with her.

No comments: