Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Thursday, April 4, 2013

Mini Apple Pies

Apple Orchards are plentiful near Hendersonville. I love apples in all their varieties and most recipes using them. I saw a cute recipe while I was at home using apples. Let me share it with you.

Mini Apple Pies

4 refrigerated pie crusts, not frozen
8 large apples, peeled, cored and sliced
1 stick of butter
1-1 1/2 cups brown sugar
Cinnamon

Heat oven to 350 degrees.
Get 12 cup muffin pan.
Lay out pie crusts. Using a wide mouth canning jar as a cookie cutter, cut 24 crusts rounds.
Put one crust into each muffin cup. Divide sliced apples between the 12 cups. Put 2 tsp. butter on top of apples. Put 1 tbsp brown sugar ( or to your taste) into cup. Sprinkle with cinnamon. Place another crust round on top of each cup and using a butter knife, cut a slit into each one.
Bake for 25 minutes or until crust looks golden brown.

No comments: