Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Sunday, April 14, 2013

Fayetteville Christian Church

This morning Pops and I are in Fayetteville, NC. We have a delivery here tomorrow morning. We arrived in the city last night and parked at Walmart. We had looked ahead to find a church. The place we were going to stay had a church but we couldn't reach anyone by phone and their service times were not listed in the directory or on their phone answering machine. So we ruled them out. We found only one Christian church in Fayetteville, but it was a big one, listing over 400 members.
Fayetteville Christian Church has a website and a page on Facebook. I called the church and a real person answered. His name was Lyle and he gave me all the information that I needed.
So after getting ready this morning, we drove over. We parked in the gravel lot at the back of the building.
The first person we talked to was the senior minister, Tom Cooperider. He was very friendly and directed us toward the coffee and donuts, which we declined.
We went into the auditorium and found a seat. The praise team was practicing so we listened to them.
We had chosen to come to the first service which is the traditional service.
Lyle played guitar and sang along with two others and they led us in some old well known songs.
Then Tom gave the sermon, it was the first in a series called, Recalculating- connecting in an unconnected world. The scripture came from the second chapter of Acts, vss 41-47.
The point was that we as Christians need to be connected to other Christian and non Christians. He gave several examples as to how to do that.
I know that feeling connected to Christian friends is so very important to both Pops and I. But sadly, we feel cut off too many times even from those that should be the closest. How sad that in this technological world and so many forms of communication, we seldom take the time to do so.
I am so very thankful for my friends that support and encourage me and keep me from being so lonely and disconnected.
We met some good people in Sunday school class too. I wish I would've had more time to try to connect with any of them through the Internet too.
The lesson was taught by Kevin and it was about the fiery tongues coming down in Acts chapter 2. We talked about how everyone heard them talking in their own dialects. It was a very interesting class.
Pops and I will return to FCC if we are in this area again.

No comments: