Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Sad times already

This new year is really starting out on a somber note.
We are in deep concern for our Elder, Melvin Logsdon, who is in the hospital with a nasty infection that has gone into his blood. He has been sick for a long while. I spoke with his wife, Ginny today. She says that his fever is down and his white count numbers are down some too. Both of those things are good news and hopefully he is going in the right direction to getting better. Pops and I have had some serious prayer time over you, Melvin. We love you.
Our good friend, Annette, from Laurel Highlands church is still in the hospital too. She may be released to come home tomorrow, but will have much recovery ahead and I am sure it will be an all up-hill climb to her being well. We love you too, Annette. You are in our prayers.
Also while in church this morning I got a phone call that my uncle Carl passed away during the night. This saddens me a lot. He was the last sibling on my mom's side of the family. He was diabetic and had recently suffered a heart attack and a stroke. He was on dialysis several times a week. His youngest son, Alan, is stationed in Afganistan and is due to come home and get married shortly. He came home for the Christmas holiday and they all went out to dinner. My uncle caught a cold and got a bad infection. He never recovered.
In some ways I feel like a final connection to my mom has been severed. I love you, Aunt Chris.
I don't want to be sad. No one does. But sickness and death are all a part of this life too.
Please, love your family and friends while you have them. Let them know of your love. Don't hold grudges, life is too short. Don't waste your time here on earth with foolish behavior. God has a purpose for you, for each of us. Remember don't disappoint yourself or those who care about you. Don't live it up.
Live up instead.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I get it, and I'm trying.:) love you!