Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Saturday, layover

I don't want to sound like I'm gloating, really, but it was sunny 61 degrees today.
This morning when we got up I made oatmeal with dried cranberries and walnuts for breakfast and then we decided to go for a big walk. We took the dogs and headed out. We spotted at least 5 FedEx Custom Critical E trucks here. E trucks are tractor trailers. We didn't see any like ours, (D.) We talked to a couple of the other drivers.
I was busy today starting to gather and organize our stuff for tax preparation. I also had to balance the checkbook and take care of the mission checks for church. I was busy clear up until 3:00 or so. Pops was busy too, trying to better his score at hearts.
Around 4:30 I started to make supper. I decided to make salmon cakes, corn and slice some tomatoes. Instead of cracker or bread crumbs in my salmon, I used french fried onions. They were so good. I am glad that we have leftovers.
After getting all the dishes cleaned up and my place in order, we are now listening to the divisional playoff game between the Ravens and the Steelers. I would have to say that where we are from in south western PA, this is the greatest football rivalry. My family are Ravens fans except for our traitor daughter and her husband,  who used to hate the steelers and their fans. I think her car accident messed up something in her brain, haha. My husband, and my two sons, My husband's brother and his whole family except for his silly son-in-law are all Raven fans. My brother and his whole family are steeler fans. A married couple from our home church are split, he likes the Ravens, she likes the other team. So there has been much trash talking going on all around us. Needless to say we all watch or listen to the game and wait on pins and needles as the officials make good or bad calls and when it's finally over, there will be a whole lot of talk going on all over the internet and texting among the phones. Oh boy, honestly, I don't care about football at all. But I do so enjoy watching and listening to all the hype.
One of the churches called me back today. They told me their service time is 11:00am and that parking is not an issue. I ask what time Sunday School started and was told, "We don't have Sunday School for our english speaking group. They are our smallest group." Oh, ok. Interesting. I can't wait to see how this turns out.
I'll let you know.

No comments: