Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Sunday, March 17, 2013

Wabash, Indiana

Today we spent the day in Wabash, Indiana. I found a number of things here that caught my attention.
The first thing is that Crystal Gayle, little sister of Loretta Lynn, grew up and graduated high school here in Wabash. Now I'm not a big country music fan but I always loved her long, long hair that went almost to the floor. She was a very famous singer too. I think probably her best known song is, Don't it make your brown eyes blue?
And do any of you remember having to come into the house when the street lights came on? Boy, I do. That was like the major rule at our house when I was a kid. Well, Wabash is the very first city in the entire world that had electric street lights.






No comments: