Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Saturday, March 16, 2013

Ft Wayne, Indiana

Pops and I are in Fort Wayne, Indiana today. We will spend the night here. While researching the tea I found many fascinating things. There is a lot of history and industry here.
But the thing that caught my attention was this: it is the death and burial place of Johnny Chapman also known as Johnny Appleseed. Do your own Google search on him. He is quite a man.
I love apples. I eat one almost every single day.
I like all kinds of apples. It depends on if I'm just eating them or using them in a recipes as to which ones I choose. My favorite eating apple is the Jazz.

Easy Apple Crisp

What You'll Need:

1 package (8 ounces) corn bread stuffing
1 stick butter, melted
Grated rind of 1 orange
1 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 cup sugar, divided
4 1/2 cooking apples, peeled, cored, and thickly sliced
1/2 cup water


Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.

In a large bowl, mix the stuffing, butter, orange rind, nuts, spices, and 1/3 cup of the sugar. Set aside.

In another large bowl, mix the sliced apples, remaining 2/3 cup sugar, and water.

Pour apple mixture into a greased 9- x 13-inch baking pan. Spread crumb mixture evenly over apples.

Bake for 40 to 45 minutes or until apples are easily pierced and juices are bubbly. Serve warm or cold.







No comments: