Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Spaghetti Sauce

One of my favorite things to do is cook and when we are sitting with no load and nowhere to go, I cook.
I love spaghetti. My mom always made such good sauce using a big old black cast iron skillet. She is the one who taught me how to make spaghetti. I have always tried to make it just like hers.

Here is the recipe as close as I can figure. She never used measurements and neither do I.

Spaghetti Sauce

1 lb. hamburger meat
1 large onion, diced
1 large green pepper, diced
Salt and pepper
Garlic powder
Oregano
Basil
1/2 lb sliced mushrooms
1-6oz can tomato paste
1 can diced Italian style tomatoes
1 jar of your favorite sauce
1 tablespoon of sugar
Parsley flakes
1 lb spaghetti noodles

Brown your hamburger with next 6 ingredients. Break meat apart while browning. After meat is browned, add mushrooms and cook for about 2 minutes more. Stir in the tomato paste and then add the next 4 things.
Cook the spaghetti noodles. Drain. Do not rinse.
Pour sauce over the noodles and mix.
Serve with tossed salad and garlic toast.

No comments: