Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Saturday, February 5, 2011

Last trip of the week.

We needed groceries. We found a Walmart in Salem, NH. We went in and shopped for awhile, getting what we needed and looking around. When we came out, I fixed us some lunch while we waited to see if we might get another load for this week. It being Friday, we thought maybe we wouldn't but than again since the ice storm and not much doing business, we thought maybe we would. So we waited. We didn't have to wait long. We were offered a load from Amsterdam, NY(near Albany) to Knoxville, TN for Monday. We accepted the load and waited to see if we got it. We did.
So I finished the dishes and cleaning of our home area and we took off. We were going to be going across upstate NY after leaving New England. I had been in and out of some of these areas but never straight across. We got to cross the Adirondacks, The Berkshires and we saw the Erie Canal. Upstate NY truly is a pretty place. Well, and the roads were good, so that helps. I can't wait to see some of these places in the summer and fall. Our country is so incredibly amazing and beautiful. Our God is so good. And I am so grateful to be able to see so much of it.
We picked up our load and left the area we still have so far to go, 834 miles, but we have the whole weekend to do it. We are exhausted. We have worked hard and traveled so many miles, with not a lot of sleep on bad roads.
We came to a welcome center in PA just south of Binghamton, NY on route 81. It was 8pm and we decided to get some rest, so after taking the dogs for a quick walk, we went to bed. Pops woke up around 3:30, he was cold. So he got under the blankets and fell back to sleep. It wasn't so easy for me. I was awake. So I got up and read my book. I read until it was finished and then crawled back into bed. We woke up again around 7:30. We made coffee, walked the dogs and away we went.
Pops drove and I tried to chat and keep him company.
Later I laid down to take a little nap.
We are now in Hillsville, VA. We are not far from a good friend of ours, Chad Fatula. He is a preacher and has a church about 10-15 miles from here. We will be attending there in the morning and I am excited to see him and his family. I am also excited to be able to go and worship with some people that we know.
After church we will have to get going. We are about 185 miles away from Knoxville, and would like to get there before evening. Our delivery isn't until 8:00 Monday morning but maybe they'll take it early and we can started on another busy week.

No comments: