Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Great Weekend

We have had a great weekend. We got to the Dallas area on Friday morning, Feb.18. at 6am. It was 67 degrees. We hung out in that area for a few hours and it got sunny and so warm. I had to dig out one of my tank tops to wear. We did some shopping and took the dogs for a walk and waited for a load.
Later that evening we decided to move to Houston. We figured that we would get a load sooner from there. So we arrived at Houston around 11:30pm and it was still warm. We drove with our windows half way down. I love it.
On Saturday morning after coffee, I cleaned the truck up some, then we went in for showers. We were going to get lunch buffet but decided to wait until tomorrow. We got all of our laundry done too. And we took our truck through the truckwash, so it was sparkling clean. It was so absolutely terrific. I saw many of the truck drivers had lawn chairs out and some were even cooking on the grill. That’s an idea, I have a portable, propane grill at home. We took a long walk that evening. We tired the dogs out, Chucky was panting before we made it back. Hahaha
We were going to watch a movie, but we each got busy with other things so we never did. But it was a good day. We realized that we would be able to attend the Berean Christian Church in the morning. It is the one with 3 services going on at once in different parts of the building. Daer Platt is the evangelist.
We got up Sunday morning and went inside for breakfast. We ordered the buffet and it was good. Our waitress, Sonia, was very nice. She talked to us about everything  but mostly about when Hurricane Ike came through a few years ago and how she went to Chicago to escape it. Another waitress came over and she told us that she had gone to Missouri. She said that traffic had the roadways so tied up that gas stations ran out of gas, restaurants ran out of food and she had to pay $12 for a gallon of water! Wow. And then they didn’t know what they would return to find. I can’t imagine. But it was nice talking with them.
We got ready and drove to church. It was 21 miles from the truckstop. I was so glad to be there and they were glad to see us again. They are such nice people. It filled my heart with joy to sit in church with others who love and serve the Lord and hear the Hispanic service singing and praising at the same time. It amazes me to know that there are still so many (yet so few) who come out to worship the Lord.
Daer preached another fabulous sermon. He is so good. What a hidden treasure that little church has in there midst. He can bring the scriptures to life with his voice. He is captivating. It is too bad that they don’t have thousands of people to hear.
His sermon text was Luke 22:24-27. Footsteps of Jesus. He talked about how many want to follow the footsteps of Jesus but yet aren’t willing to go the places where He would go, or visit the people that Jesus would visit. He said, “If you want to have a relationship with Jesus, you need to follow Jesus not try to bring Him along with you.” Wow, I am guilty of trying to take Jesus with me, instead of following.
He went on to talk about Jesus being a servant of the people, and how we too should be. Man, I can’t remember the last time I was a servant to people. He really stepped on my toes and challenged me to try to do better.
We sang, In the Service of the King, which has always been one of my favorite songs. I do need to be in His service. I need to be happy to be in His service. How will He use me?
We also sang, I Gave My Life for Thee. Have you ever read all the verses and paid attention to them? Jesus gave all, what do we do for Him?
Let us all go and do better.

No comments: