Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Friday, September 14, 2012

Saturday

Wills Mountain Church of Christ had planned a continental style breakfast for anyone who came to the family seminar on Saturday and then lunch afterward. Starla and I made 30 mini breakfast casseroles in muffin pans to take. It consisted of 4 tator tots per muffin cup and then crumbled bacon, sausage or ham, I used ham, then crack an egg into each cup and sprinkle some cheese on top of that. Then you bake them at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. After cooling for a few minutes, pop them out of the cups and then they will keep for up to a week in the refrigerator. But because they were hot when we left the house and the drive is about 30 minutes they were difficult to get out of the muffin cups, so everyone had to scoop them out with a spoon and eat them in a bowl. Oh well, they still tasted good. I have made them with stove top stuffing instead of tator tots as well. Pops and I eat them a lot for breakfast.
Kendall got started on the seminar this time speaking about the childrens role in the family and then we took a break and then next he spoke about the grandparents role in the family. We took another break and then he spoke about our Forever Family, our church family. This was probably my favorite part because Pops and I have so many forever family members all across the U.S. During this seminar he also touched on families with step kids and step parents.
I really enjoyed this seminar and Kendall did such a good job. He is so full of wisdom and knowledge.
After lunch he stayed around answering questions and actually waiting for the rain to let up because he brought his motorcycle the whole way from Indianapolis. Once the rain let up he left.
Bill, Starla, Pops and I decided to take a ride to look at some used automobiles. Bill and Starla needed another vehicle and Pops and I are going to help them get one.
We drove up the road to Cove Auto Sales. We have purchased several cars here in the past. The business owner had several vehicles that caught the interest of Bill and Starla but none would be available until Tuesday. So we drove up to Bedford, PA and looked at some other cars. But one from Cove Auto was still the favorite.
So then we drove home and Pops and I worked some more in the 2 trucks. Then closer to evening, Bill P. cooked some bacon cheeseburgers on the grill and then we relaxed until time to get ready for bed.
Wow, our time at home is going by quickly as it usually does. I still need to see my boys. But tomorrow I get to spend some more time with some of my Forever Family at Wills Mt.

No comments: