Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Swiss Steak

Pops and I are still waiting for a load in Atlanta. We got here early yesterday. We spent the day catching up on some things that have gone undone. It was rainy so it was a good day to get all that stuff done.
We are sure that today we will get a good load. So I have prepared some Swiss steak for the crockpot. We are still following our diet so I changed a few things to make it acceptable for us. And Minute Rice sells a rice blend (long grain and wild rices) that I will make to go with this. I hope you try it and like it. Let me know if you do.

Pepper steak w/ tomatoes (At my house we call this Swiss steak)

1 pound beef top round steak, cut into thin strips
1 tablespoon paprika
2 tablespoons butter
1 can  beef broth
1/2 tsp garlic powder
2 medium green peppers, cut into strips
1 cup thinly sliced onion
2 tablespoons cornstarch
2 tablespoons soy sauce
1/3 cup water
2 cans diced Italian style tomatoes
Cooked rice
Directions
Sprinkle meat with paprika. In a large skillet, melt butter over medium-high heat. Brown beef. Add broth and garlic. Simmer, covered, for 30 minutes. Add green peppers and onion. Cover and continue to simmer for 5 minutes.
Combine cornstarch, soy sauce and water; stir into meat mixture. Cook and stir until thickened. Gently stir in tomatoes and heat through. Serve over rice. Yield: 4-6 servings.





No comments: