Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Sunday, August 18, 2013

Better there than here


I wonder why we so often see the grass is greener somewhere else? But yet when we get to there, it isn't all that different or much better than here.
So we look and see more green there or there or there. But still once there, it looks a little less green, a little less appealing, and a lot disappointing.

Do you worry  because you don't have everything you want to be happy? Or are you happy with what you have?

What is it that drives us to always want more, to be somewhere else, to be with someone else, to look like someone else?

It makes me think of all the yard sales that I see. You once thought you just couldn't live without these items, now they are sitting in your yard for others to pick through and hope that they now feel like they must own the treasure.
Someone else's stuff or place always seems better than our own, but they may be looking at you thinking the same thing.

Contentment and peace come from God. Does He not provide ALL that we need?

Therefore do not be anxious, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the Gentiles seek after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them all. But seek first the kingdom of God and his righteousness, and all these things will be added to you. (Matthew 6:31-33 ESV)

Not that I speak from want, for I have learned to be content in whatever circumstances I am. I know how to get along with humble means, and I also know how to live in prosperity; in any and every circumstance I have learned the secret of being filled and going hungry, both of having abundance and suffering need. (Philippians 4:11, 12 NASB)

No comments: