Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Tuesday, July 19, 2011

Let Us Rejoice!

It was the Lord's Day and we are attending our home church. Let us rejoice in that! I love Wills Mountain. I know I say that often and really I don't know what it is other than, "family;" my church family. As much as I love my literal family, I love my church family.
I can't wait to see them and be with them.
We get to church early when we are home because the ladies have an early meeting. It is a meeting where they get together to discuss a personal study that each has worked on throughout the week and come together first thing Sunday morning to share with each other and encourage each other. It is called First Place.
These women are my true sisters on this earth. They are my backbone and my therapy. I love them more than they will ever know.
This past week we were studying "hiding sin." The lesson involved the stories of Adam and Eve and also the story of David's taking of Bathsheba. We do we try so desperately to hide our sins? Do we really think that we can keep our transgressions from being found out?
Then we had Sunday school and discussed the judgement of the people at the end of time. It was a very good lesson.
After Sunday school we went into the auditorium for Church. Our sermon was about what we need to sacrifice in order to be pleasing to God and be a faithful servant in His church.
This sermon really needs to be heard. It is so easy to attend church and go home and not think about it again until next week, but God expects more and we should be so willing to be in His service each and every day. Our purpose on this earth is to further His Kingdom. So get busy people. What can you be doing to help in the church? Don't wait to be asked, don't wait for someone else to do it. Step up and say, "Why not me? I will do it."
After church we sat around eating our weekly fellowship meal together and talking.  There are so many good people here and we are starting to see a few more young people and that makes me excited.
After we went home we hung out with Bill and Starla and did some stuff around the house.
And then later Pops and I decided to drive down and attend Bibleschool. That was a good time and the kids looked like they were having a good time. And of course Pops and I were next to last to leave because once again it is hard to leave those that you care so much about.
It will probably be another 6 weeks or so until we get to see them again. But I can see that Wills Mt. is finally doing better. I see that they are now ready to grow and move forward. And that makes me happy. I love you all.

No comments: