Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Thursday, April 14, 2016

Mason James Ryan

Little One

8/5/15
Today I heard about you. Your daddy told me. He is happy and I am too.
Pops was driving the big truck when your daddy told us. He is happy too.
I can't wait to meet you.
I prayed for you tonight, and for your mommy. I asked God to make you strong and healthy. I asked God to take care of your mommy while she takes care of you. I ask God to help your daddy be a good daddy like Pops. 
You are so loved already, Little One.

8/6/15
I can't stop thinking about you. I remember when your daddy was in my belly. I loved him before I knew him, just like now with you. 
I love you and God does too. 

11/16/15
Today I found out that you are a boy. I really thought that you might be. I can't wait to meet you in person.

11/17/15
You are Mason. I love you.

3/24/16
Any day now you will be here. I cannot wait to see your face. I love you so much already. 

Mason James Ryan (Buster) was due to be born on April 6th, 2016. But the time was just not right yet. He didn't come.
On Saturday morning, the 9th, at 8:30 Tom and Sophia went to the Dr for another checkup. From there they went to the hospital where later that afternoon Sophia's labor was induced. 
It was slow going and by midnight she still hadn't dilated beyond 1 centimeter.
On Sunday afternoon many family members and best friend, Jessica, kept company as we waited for further progress. 
By the time the third shift of nurses came in she had progressed to 4 centimeters.
She was given some meds, the lights were dimmed and she was told to sleep.
A little before 3am on April 11th, 2016 she was dilated fully and ready to begin pushing.
The baby was moving nicely down the birth canal in the beginning but then didn't come further.
 The nurses tried several positions to help but in the end just went back to the original position. 
Mason was born at 3:46 am. He was 8 lb. 11 oz, and 21 inches long.
During labor Sophia spiked a fever of 102 degrees  so the baby was put on in antibiotic as a precaution.
Sophia had labored long and hard but she did a fabulous job. I am so proud of her.
I am glad that I got to be there for his birth. I have been in love with him already for over 40 weeks. And after seeing him, my heart has melted. 
Mom and Buster were released from the hospital on Wednesday morning. Tom had been with her every minute except for a bit when he ran home for clean clothes.



Jessica

Angie, Sophia's mom


Trying to rest

Baby's heartbeat and contractions

Getting checked

Roll over, maybe it will speed things

Fully dilated


Tug of war

Hank, Sophia' s dad. Waiting through delivery


Jessica watching closely.



Let's try squatting, Dr is here.

Dr says, it's time


Cleaning the baby

Doing footprints

Jiggling for deep breaths

Skin to skin to help Mason 


First family picture



After all that, fix the hair





Fever rash


Later that afternoon

Uncle Andrew

Noni

Still on iv antibiotics

Cuteness



Look at that hair


Daddy is in love





Pappy Hank



Pops


Jessica, Mason and Sophia

Aunt Starla



Oops, loose diaper on circumcision day



Well, hey there



Going home

Long boy

Daddy snuggles

❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️❤️

When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world. (John 16:21 ESV)


























































No comments: