Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Thursday, March 5, 2015

Visit with Aunt Chris

Recently Pops and I got a load going to Hayden Lake, Idaho. When I looked it up on the map I saw that it was pretty close to my Aunt Chris. I knew that she was in Idaho but we had never been close to the area.
Aunt Chris was married to my mom's brother Carl until his death. The moved to Idaho about 30 years ago.
They came back to visit family 18 years ago and that is the last time that I have seen them.
I called her on the phone and I asked her if she had plans for the next morning. She did, but was free late morning. 
So Pops and I drove to her home, then took her to lunch.
We had such a nice visit although way to short. She lives in such a rural place that we had no phone or internet service and since we were still on duty we couldn't stay real long.
But we talked and talked. She showed me pictures of her son's and their families. I told her all about mine. 
I loved having this opportunity. Pops loved looked at the beautiful scenery. What a wilderness. By the time we drove away, he was ready to find a house and move there.

This is Aunt Chris' home and property.

We went to lunch at The Blanchard Inn.



Aunt Chris and me.



The Blanchard Inn has a lot of country charm.



This is Nick. He was our server.








No comments: