Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Saturday, September 7, 2013

Quick Trip

We delivered our load and headed to Greenville for our layover. We figured that we possibly could be done for the week and we would be able to attend church with David and Linda Wilson in Spartanburg. We haven't been there in a long time.
We got parked and all settled in.
I gathered my iPad, my book and all the things I needed to write some checks and pay a few bills.
I got the bill paying done and just got logged onto Facebook when we got a load offer.
It was a load that picked up far away from us but delivered back this direction by tomorrow morning. It paid pretty well too because it was a "hot" load, meaning there would be no time to dawdle at all.
I accepted it and we got the load.
So now we deadheaded to Richmond, KY to pick up. We were supposed to be there by 9:30pm. We needed to drive over 300 miles and it was already 4:30pm. They bumped our time to 12:37am and asked us to get there ASAP as they normally close up at midnight.
We made it by 11:40 and was loaded by midnight.
Greenville, SC
4 hours 53 mins.   
Richmond, KY
312.6 mi

And then

Richmond, KY
7 hours 14 mins
Cheraw, SC
449.4 mi

All by 8:30 in the AM

Because of our pickup time being bumped, our delivery time bumped to 11:30am. We made it back down there by 10:30am.
Now we are back in Charlotte, NC and I just woke up from a nap. Pops is still sleeping. That was a real quick trip.

This cherry soda is made in North Carolina. It is really good and is pretty popular down here. I am just about to go inside and get me one. 
Have a great weekend. Don't forget to gather for worship. 




No comments: