Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Saturday, September 24, 2011

A little more info

I still am having troubles getting my pictures to upload but I will keep trying.
Like I said North Dakota was a new state for us. We had not been there before. That leaves only 5 more of the continental United States.
After passing through the Land of 10,000 Lakes aka Minnesota, we drove into Fargo, North Dakota. I honestly didn't know what to expect as far as terrain or landscapes. Turns out, North Dakota is largely still considered prairie.
The southern part is pretty flat and grassy and then the further north that we traveled it did get to be rolling hills, although still grassy.
We saw a lot of "hales of bay." lol That's what Pops said.
"You mean, bales of hay?" I asked. Hahaha. funny
Then we continued driving through a lot of farmland. We saw many fields being watered by "navigation." Oh my, Pops is on a roll.
"Irrigation." I corrected again.
Oh well, we did enjoy the scenery.
We saw hundreds of horses, hundreds of geese and ducks and lots and lots of cows, mostly brown and some black angus. At one point, I said, "Oh look at all the little white cows, oh no, they're sheep." Hahaha,
I say funny things too.
But we did have a good time in North Dakota.
When we came back down out of Canada we deadheaded a long way back to Minneapolis. There were 5 or 6 trucks like us that work for the same company all waiting for loads and by the end of the day most were dispatched, including us. We landed a load picking up in South Dakota and going to Garland, Texas for Monday. I am excited. South Dakota is another new state for us. That means only 4 more to go.

No comments: