Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Monday, January 11, 2016

Slow, frustration

At the start of the week we are both now a whole week of 3+ miles each day. That feels good. It was a cold week, but we are headed to southern Florida for our first trip of the week.

Remember this picture from last week? Well, this week was brighter and you could see the Washington Monument and the Capitol Building.


Some other sites


Pops and I each got our 3 + miles today. On our very lap around the South Carolina welcome center we saw a straw gray cat that looked pretty cold.
In our second lap I stopped at the truck and grabbed a pouch of tuna.
As soon as I dumped the tuna for the cat, there emerged a yellow cat from out of the culvert, followed closely by a black and white one.



Our delivery was in St Petersburg, Fl. The weather was sunny and the temps were mild and warmed up nicely throughout the day.
After delivering we crossed back over Tampa Bay. Just as we got to the other side we got another load picking up in St. Petersburg and going to Virginia. So we turned around and crossed the bay again for the third time in the past 2 hours.
Our delivery left us in southern Virginia. We waited throughout that day and into the next afternoon with no load. 
So we drove into North Carolina hoping to do better.







These cow pictures got over 1000 views on our Facebook page.




Bill and I ran hard on Monday, Tuesday and into Wednesday. But then we stalled out. We had 3 loads cancel on us. We have sat without working since then. It isn't easy to sit and not work when the whole point of being on the road is to haul loads. 
Two of the loads that cancelled on us were headed to Texas, our favorite place. So our excitement soared then plummeted as we got the load and lost the load within minutes, twice.
I felt like a mouse in the paws of a cat. 
And although our cab is super and much bigger than most trucks, it feels pretty small after a few hours of being in it with another person who may or may not be feeling pleasant. And it was pouring down rain, so neither of us could even get out and go for a walk. 
Besides that we each have some other stuff that is eating away our emotional health. 
We watched movies and more movies. We played games on our IPads. 
We made the best of it. We love and understand each other. So we both know when and what and how to speak to each other when circumstances are like this. Can you imagine spending 24/7 with your marriage partner, the only time you are apart is when you go to the bathroom? I am not trying to be unpleasant, just honest.
So Saturday a load came, picking up in North Carolina and going to northern Wisconsin. It is winter there. It IS January. The temperatures are -7 degrees. And it could snow. When it snows there, it could be feet.
Do we want the load? 
Really?!?
No! I don't. I don't. I do not want to go THERE. I want to go to Texas. Please, send us to Texas.
Then I hear Bill say, "We have no choice. We have to work."
I know this. My head knows this. But I don't want to be cold, drive in the snow, or run over the weekend. Oh, well, like he said we have no choice, it's our job.

We are created to move. We are not meant to stay still or remain idle. Yet often when told to go, we are reluctant for what reason. 
Yet very often, those that go are the very ones that find favor with The Lord. 
Now the LORD said to Abram, "Go forth from your country, And from your relatives And from your father's house, To the land which I will show you; (Genesis 12:1 NASB)
"Arise, go to Nineveh the great city and cry against it, for their wickedness has come up before Me." (Jonah 1:2 NASB)
Now when they had gone, behold, an angel of the Lord appeared to Joseph in a dream and said, "Get up! Take the Child and His mother and flee to Egypt, and remain there until I tell you; for Herod is going to search for the Child to destroy Him." So Joseph got up and took the Child and His mother while it was still night, and left for Egypt. (Matthew 2:13-14 NASB)
Go therefore and make disciples of all the nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and the Son and the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe all that I commanded you; and lo, I am with you always, even to the end of the age." (Matthew 28:19-20 NASB)

Lord, I hope and pray that wherever I am that I can be used by You in some way. And help me to trust that wherever I am is exactly where You would have me to be as long as I am obedient to You and Your word. 


So, once again because of running over the weekend, we didn't get to go to church. But we did stop for an hour for our break and watched the live stream from Crossroads Christian Church. He is preaching a series of sermons from Mark Batterson's book, If. We heard his message last week and again today. It was really good. I might have to buy the book.
Right now we are in Indiana and the temperature is already -4 degrees. We cannot dare shut our truck down or stop for very long. I sure hope our fuel doesn't gel. 
After we deliver in the morning near Green Bay, we will head west to Minneapolis for a pickup going back to the east coast.
Pray for us.










No comments: