Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Mayonnaise Cake

Our Aunt Louise taught me to make this cake. I love a good cake made from scratch. 
I wish I had a piece right now and a cup of coffee.


Chocolate Mayonnaise Cake
Ingredients
3 cups all purpose flour
1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
2/3 cup baking cocoa
2 1/4 tsp. baking powder
1 1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/8 tsp. salt
1 1/2 cups real mayonnaise
1 1/2 cups water
1 1/2 tsp. pure vanilla
How to make it
Sift dry ingredients into large bowl, stir in mayonnaise, stir in water and vanilla.
Grease one 9"X13" pan.
Bake at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until done. Test with toothpick. 


Peanut Butter Frosting
INGREDIENTS:
1/2 cup butter
1 cup creamy peanut butter
4 cups powdered sugar
1/3 cup milk
DIRECTIONS:
1. In a large bowl, beat butter and peanut butter until light and fluffy. Slowly beat in 1/2 of the powdered sugar. Mix in 1/4 cup of the Milk. Beat in the remaining powdered sugar. If necessary, add a little more milk until the frosting reaches a good spreading consistency. Makes enough to frost one  9x13 inch cake.

No comments: