Come along for the Ride!

I am so glad you are here. Stay with us as we travel everywhere. I hope you will enjoy the ride.

Thursday, January 17, 2013

Jeff Duncan



On January 2, 2013 my very good friend and brother in Christ, Jeff Duncan, passed away. I just felt like the wind was knocked right out of me.
I have known Jeff ever since he came to Wills Mountain. He and I hit it off right away. We had similar personalities and we seemed to be able to work together very well.
I respected his knowledge of the Bible. And I thought that he was a really good teacher.
He and I worked together for many years as coaches and advisors for our Bible team. We traveled to many churches to cheer our team on.
We worked together on many projects, like Bibleschool, Camp Meeting, and many others. I truly respected and loved him.
Jeff and his wife Jane became very close friends to me and Pops.
When Pops and I came out on the road Jeff and Jane became our most devoted followers and encouragers. We remained in constant phone contact and I had just begun to send Jeff and Jane postcards from each of the states that we visited.
I will miss him so much. I know that his last year had been really hard on him and Jane. I know his struggle was incredibly hard.
Jeff loved The Lord with his whole BIG heart. He wanted everyone to as well, especially the young people.
I know many people have been influenced by Jeff's faith. I know he made an impact on my life.
I will miss you as a teacher. I will miss you as a confidant. I will miss you as a respected friend, but mostly I will miss you as my brother.
But in the words of Jane, his wife, "I would never wish to have him back." Enjoy Paradise, Jeff. I am thrilled you finished the race so well.



No comments: